1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gauntlet 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Damn, me too.

One of my favorite games EVAR

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, but at least Tina threw a punch at Beth. Somewhat redeemed her in my eyes.

What a conniving bitch Beth is. Poor Nehemiah.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

DON'T SHOOT THE POTION!

I could go hours on one quarter on this game. I was always a Warrior.

If you waited for 600 ticks, all the walls would turn into exits.

4. Football_Bat

Oh, and it should be gantlet, dammit!

(touching the copy-editing base)

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

According to M-W, it's gauntlet. Gantlet is a "variation of gauntlet."

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gantlet

I don't think we have an entry on it on our stylebook...so gauntlet's good enough for me. Plus, MTV says so!

6. Football_Bat

My journalism prof always said you "run a gantlet and throw down the gauntlet."

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Warning to those who might TiVo/DVR this show (as well as others on MTV) --- they routinely start a little early or end a little late, so set your recording device accordingly. (I always set it to start two minutes early, and end two minutes late, just to be safe).

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Can we assume that one of the people they focus on when the teams are hanging out at the house is destined to go home at the end of the episode? A pretty blah episode.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

So here's what's troubling me...I've got MTV on in the background (sadly) and I keep seeing commercials for this week's show. Now, every lesbian I've known has an uncanny way of knowing other lesbians, and those who are just experimenting. Hence, I thought Ev was just making out with Brooke for fun. But now, she's talking about really developing feelings. I just figure either a.) Brooke really is a lesbian who took a long time to come out or b.) Ev's got her mind all twisted.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Brooke is just visiting the island (if you know what I mean). Hooking up with women as a response to having bad boyfriends doesn't make me think we'll see Brooke at any Indigo Girls concerts anytime soon.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Exactly my point. Which makes it weird for Ev to be having feelings for her.

12. Brooke goes home. Anyone surprised?

Draft saved Draft deleted