1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gauging interest: 2012 SJ.com awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Nov 2, 2012.

?

Would you like to have SJ.com awards for 2012?

1. Yes.

54.7%
  2. No.

15.6%
  3. Don't care.

29.7%
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Should be a poin file of the year -- I'm torn between the most recent one for the sheer hotness, or the Texas gang-bang for the chameleon-like nature of the pictures that had us alternating between "hell yeah" and "hell no."

2. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

There are two threads from this year that were must-reads for me whenever I saw there was a new post, and for very different reasons.

The first was the Bobby Petrino thread. No single thread has made me laugh more. This line brought me to tears: "Elephant, you've got a very short trunk" [/Elephant Freq]."

On the other hand, I couldn't help but get choked up every time I read the Craig Stanke memorial thread. Hell, a few times I flat-out sobbed. I ached for everyone who knew him well, and to a lesser degree, for those of us who have never had the good fortune of having someone like Craig for a boss or even a friend. I loved how many people checked in and how great the stories they told were. And I'm very glad that from that thread we gained a valuable new poster.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Copperpot has the game of the year clinched.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If there's a thread for best secret gift-giving program organizer, I'm in.

Otherwise, I have no shot.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'd nominated "50 Shades of Grey: Big Ben's Penis" for one of the best threads AND one of the best thread names.

Even Mrs. Coco had to read that one.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Whitney Houston v. Phil Collins: 1A and 1B

7. dooley_womack1

PHIL COLLINS IS A1, TOO, WANKER!

8. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

I'd be happy with something awardy.

9. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

Which version? The "Copperpot-sucks-for-arbitrarily-changing-the-deadline" one or the "Creosote-sucks-just-because-he-does" one?

10. dooley_womack1

The second. It was such a unifying thing for the board, a way we could all feel good about ourselves in comparison. And the fakeout on the ham/sausage/bacon question was one of the year's top moments.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Guys, I'm fine with us discussing this award-show concept here but if you're going to talk about anything related to comic books, please take it to another thread.

:)

12. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

If it does not feature Best Feud and Biggest Troll, then it may as well not exist.

Draft saved Draft deleted