1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gators captain busted

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 2, 2007.

1. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

I heard the Florida arrest numbers yesterday in relation to this story, and was surprised; at BG, Meyer kicked kids off the team for looking at him wrong.

Bigger stakes, etc. etc., I know. Still sort of surprising.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

There is absolutely no chance Meyer suspends him for the LSU game. No chance.

And, if you find awkward timing as funny as I do, here's a Florida SID piece on Joiner published yesterday.

http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=12694&html=football/news/20071002023500.html&sport=footb

“Tony is a captain on our team and it is well deserved,” head coach Urban Meyer said. “I think he's an excellent football player. He loves the game of football. He loves playing in ‘The Swamp’ and he has the passion it takes to be a leader.”

"Tony has been a real vocal guy who wants to do it right,” Florida cornerbacks coach Chuck Heater said. “He took the leadership role this summer with the secondary group. It was a fragmented group of guys. It took awhile to see how the chemistry of that group was going to unfold. He was at the forefront of that."

“Tony is helping a lot with the younger players,” Meyer said. “I'd like to have a few more Tony Joiners on that side of the ball. Not so much just his position, but the leadership role that he brings to our team.”

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Was he wearing jean shorts at the time of his arrest?

4. jboy

jboy Guest

Hey! There's nothing wrong with jean shorts. They go with everything. T-shirts, polos, button downs, etc. They're also good for any occasions. Wear some sneakers and you're good for leisure activities. Loafers and a button-up shirt? Dinner and a movie. White "wife beater" T-shirt? The mall. [florida grad fan boy loser]

5. All these guys get bought off. Tim Tebow could rape a 12-year-old girl on the counter at Burrito Brothers and they could have the videotape and nothing would happen to him.

That's Gainesville for you.

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Re: Gators captain busted --- UPDATE

The state's attorney's office has dropped charges since the victim said he wasn't victimized.
    Joiner will travel and play Saturday.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20071005/BREAKING/71005011

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Call me crazy, but I don't think THAT would get by.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's funny... You're probably right...

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And in this victim-ridden society, a victim had damn well better be victimized.

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Actually the thought of raping a 12-year-old girl isn't funny, and he's probably not right. But other than that, good post.

Draft saved Draft deleted