1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gatehouse Media

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, May 6, 2016.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

When you get down to it, that's really pathetic. An editor that puts his bonus over the entire quality of the paper and what four more employees could provide shows what a disgrace the industry has become and the leeches and pariahs it now attracts.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    studthug12, wicked, Riptide and 2 others like this.
  2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Doc's post needs an "agree" button rather than "like" ... unfortunately, it's spot-on.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  3. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

I like your post. Fredrick needs to borrow your words "leeches" and "pariahs" for future posts. As of now I tend to write about the "butt kissing middle managers" or the "clueless 10 a.m. meeting people."

Liut and Doc Holliday like this.
  4. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

I was telling you that the best thing a middle manager can put on a resume is how he/she cut staff and instituted furloughs without somebody throwing a brick through the window. Being able to cut staff, keep frozen positions open is HUGE on a resume.

5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Feel free to use them at your disposal. We're all in this mess together.

Liut likes this.
  6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

+1

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The example cited by SF is plain ol' sloppy work (oftentimes a byproduct of being worked into the ground), and that can be done by an overworked desk slave whether they're five feet from you or five time zones away.

Draft saved Draft deleted