1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gas ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bruce_Shoebottom, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It had held steady in North Jersey at 1.979 for quite a few weeks. This morning I noticed that the place I purchased gas last night for 1.979 had changed it to 1.999. So, it had been raised $0.02.

2. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Stayed the same.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

It's gonna keep going up. Just caught a market report on the radio, said crude was up almost a dollar for the third straight day.

Maybe it's just the ebb and flow of the market, but it certainly seems somewhat suspicious that it rises a rather fair amount each day following the elections, yet a week or so back, it dropped on the day OPEC announced it was cutting production.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Was 2.07 here late last week, now it's up to 2.28-2.29. It's a good thing my mom put $14 in my car this weekend thinking my tank was nearly empty. :D

5. The gas price issue is one that really cut against the GOP in rural areas, even the South, where Dems have apparently held two contested seats in Ga. and gained a couple in NC, I believe. I was talking to my second cousin, as redneck-rebel as they come, and when we brought up gas prices and the fact they were going down a month ago, he goes, "Oh, and guess why. Election!" It was a no-win issue for the GOP.

And yeah, prices have gone up about five cents here.

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Up 12 cents here this week.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Eighteen replies and not one representative among our far right wing nuts. Even knuckledragging Lyman and Yawn have a hard time explaining this one away.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Went up 11 cents at the ARCO near my work on Wednesday. From $2.28 to $2.39. (Hey, that's low for us/SoCal)

Draft saved Draft deleted