1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gas prices spike after Ike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Sep 14, 2008.

1. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

Sorry, Tom. Still working out the kinks.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

write your reply, click on preview, change the font color and then hit post.

you can include these little bastards ;) as well using that method.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Prediction: Gas will drift upwards through the $4.00's over the next five weeks, nearing $5.00 in late October. Just about the last week of October, it will drop about 40-50 cents. Amazing.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I live just up the road from the war zone and gas is still $3.65 to $3.69. Go figure.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i bet your gas doesn't come out of houston.

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

Prices went up 30 f-in cents overnight here... bastards.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You're probably right, but I don't see how some of it doesn't. Guess we'll find out in the next few days when they get in there and find out the refineries all got fucked up.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

30? You got lucky

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Gas up 33 cents in two days. Oil companies have to be giddy this time of the year. They celebrate hurricanes so they can make more money. Fuckers.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I think the level we saw over the weekend was the owners. Gas is bought already, so why are you raising prices 30-40-50- and in some case around here $1.20 a gallon?
    "Well the wholesale price went up..." OK, fine. Then raise the price when you have to pay for that.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Loot, loot, loot.

Rape, rape, rape.

The righties' boys.

Fumigation time. Lots of vermin, about.

12. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Like I said, it would be one thing if prices spiked now, while refineries and such are shut down, but then dropped by as much as they spiked when the refineries are working again in a week or two. But that won't happen. These price won't fall back to the pre-hurricane level rapings until November probably. Which to me says it's price gouging.

If the oil cos are going to say 'The refineries aren't working, so with limited supply we're raising prices to curb demand' then fine, but once the supply is back up your prices should fall back to what they were and you know that'll take months.

Draft saved Draft deleted