1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gary Thorne: It was paint on Schilling's sock in Game 6 of the LCS, not blood

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Re: Gary Thorne: It was paint on Schilling's sock in Game 6 of the LCS, not bloo

But in fairness, ESPN should get credit for breaking the story.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

They should, but they ought to be completely honest with viewers, too.

3. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I think it was Cold Pizza this morning where they talked about it and briefly mentioned Thorne as "an Orioles broadcaster who has called baseball and hockey for ESPN."

Considering how much he has done for ESPN/ABC (No. 1 NHL play by play, baseball, Little League and college football off the top of my head), I thought it was a little odd how much they distanced themselves from him.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I don't know what color font I should have used, but I'm thinking you missed the wink in my words.

5. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Does it really matter if there was actual blood on the sock?
    His ankle was banged up, there's no denying that, so is it a real stretch to imagine it would've bled through onto the sock? I don't see why this has become an issue, especially now, nearly three years after the fact.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

It's pretty damning if a player is THAT blatant of a publicity hound.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Re: Gary Thorne: It was paint on Schilling's sock in Game 6 of the LCS, not bloo

Good thing Schilling wasn't playing in the NFL - he would have been fined for not wearing white socks. I think there was a "second sock."

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Seeing that picture, Fenian, I'm hearing snare drums (dat-dat dat da-dat dat).

Hate to say it, because like others on here I think Schilling wears turtlnecks to hide circumcision marks on his neck, but sorry, the blood in the mound photo looks legit to me.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

it does

10. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

RACK HIM!

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Have you jackass Red Sox fans/apologists ever heard of iodine?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Careful, LJB...the black helicopters are coming for you....

Draft saved Draft deleted