1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Garth Brooks megalomaniac?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 15, 2013.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Agree 100 percent. I couldn't name one current artist that I like. Maybe Zac Brown Band. Not sure I've ever heard a song by Jason Aldean. As far as I'm concerned the last true country artist were Alan Jackson, Randy Travis, Strait and a couple of others I'm forgetting. McGraw wasn't horrible, but that was around the time I checked out.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

George Strait and Alan Jackson put out a song a few years ago, addressing the downfall of country music.

"Murder on Music Row"

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Dwight is still around.

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

"Murder on Music Row" was awesome and hit home.

Here is Jason Aldean's best, I think. The only reason it's called "country" is because he's from Georgia and wears a cowboy hat. It's really somewhere between country and Southern rock.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

And speaking of George Strait, "I Can Still Make Cheyenne" is one of the most beautiful songs ever recorded. Ever. Period. Beautiful.

Draft saved Draft deleted