1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Garth Brooks megalomaniac?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Per TMZ ...

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I would have guessed pants-pisser, but I'll buy megalomaniac too. But do take into account that back then, Garth was at least as big a figure as anyone associated with the films mentioned

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit about Garth Brooks?

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He does sound shameless.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Twister would have been perfect. He could have been Ropin' the Wind and been a hero.

6. dooley_womack1

He could have entered a phone booth, come out as Chris Gaines and saved the day

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Garth Brooks, allegedly.

But we are only hearing one side of a lawsuit.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I hate to #Humblebrag but I've had past dealings with Garth, Lisa, Marty Singer and Allison Hart and I know that the latter two don't fuck around (I've got the scars to prove it, as well as some good memories of them both)...and the idea that Marty Singer is suing Garth is pretty bizarre -- I would have expected Garth and Allison and Marty to have been on the same side!

I've also mentioned here before that in my interactions with Garth I found him to be one of the most fascinating people I've ever met. He struck me as the kind of creative genius who just had trouble coping with the everyday world the rest of us live in -- much like Michael Jackson did as well, minus the sexual hangups.

At any rate, this could be a doozy of a lawsuit and would be a blast to cover.

9. dooley_womack1

Didn't he get an economics degree from Oklahoma State?

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Not the first time they've tangled in court over money:

http://tn.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.20120501_0000653.MTN.htm/qx

But I have close to zero understanding of legalese.

11. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

I should sue Garth Brooks for denying me the inevitable, bizarre cult classic "The Lamb" would have become by now.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Garth wanted to be in Saving Private Ryan and Twister? Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.

Draft saved Draft deleted