1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Garry Howard out at Sporting News

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by formere, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drip

Drip Active Member

No, I don't know, which is why I asked for a definition. Why is this such a big deal?

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

That's what she said.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

We're done talking about Garry Howard, then?

4. Cigar56

Cigar56 Member

Not until someone reveals the code words for the true meaning of the code words, a "Black Mike Scott."

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. formere

formere New Member

Gracious. Talk about stretching something out. OK, here you go. What I am imagining NYKnight is trying to say is that like Michael Scott, GH could be in a little over his head at times. Stories of falling asleep at his desk (which Michael Scott did), having someone sit in a "penalty box" if they didn't get a sports trivia question correct at staff meetings, etc. But also like Michael Scott, GH did some good things and always championed the company he worked for.

As someone mentioned earlier, it was Jeff Price who sent SN into a further spiraling downfall. A lot of bad decisions and money wasted, left a blazing trail of layoffs and poor production by the time he left.

I'm sure Garry will find work somewhere else, though I doubt it will be as prestigious a job as editor-in-chief of SN was (or once was, I guess is the better wording).

7. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Welcome back, jerky jerk face.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Thank you for explaining the code.

9. [/quote]No, I don't know, which is why I asked for a definition. Why is this such a big deal?
    [/quote]

That's what she said.

[/quote]

made reading through all of this silliness worth it. thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.