1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Garry Howard leaving MJS for TSN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by old_tony, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trust,

life is to short to perpetuate a lie. The people who know me on here know that the name I type is 100 percent authentic. I've seen many a person bashed on here. But Garry's like family to me, and it's like seeing someone talking junk behind a mask about a father figure.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Does that mean we can't be friends?

3. You don't like him? That's you're business. But the hate spewed on this thread about him, and other threads, cross the line. Dude is doing something right. Black men in this buisness don't just "fail" upwards. Doesn't happen

4. You're all knowing, all powerful, omniscent, been everywhere, seen everything, know every journalist, you can figure out who I am just fine, Mizzou.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, then live your ideology on this, florida/tony; nuke your account and come back as Tony Jones. And I can understand standing up for somebody. Then do so, but don't pretend that other folks don't have very different experiences. And this isn't some yahoo or Chat City message board. Hundreds of people here know each other, and we talk about the business and our experiences, including bad ones with certain sports editors, with usernames so we can vent about the business to kindred souls and keep job security. Is the nature of this board so hard to understand?

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, and the hotel thing was actually supposed to be a joke of some sort.

7. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

More interesting question is, who will be the next sports editor, and what will he or she do to improve the section (assuming it needs improving)?

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

As I've said for years, best NFL coverage in the country.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Further reason to think poorly of Mr. Howard.

10. @ Dooley,

That's the definition of what this board is SUPPOSED to be. In reality, the topic turns nasty, and much more personal than it should be. The first adjective about Garry in this thread is "clown". I guarantee you that whoever wrote that wouldn't say that in Garry's presence. The personal shots are unwarranted, mean spirited, and should have no place on what's defined as a professional forum.

And yes, I realize the hotel thing was supposed to be a joke. Any 95 percent of another setting, I would take it that way.

11. @ Piotr,

You're sooooooooooooooooo funny.....aahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Dooly, the nature of the board has become cowardly. I know there are a lot friends here and I know many use this as a meeting place. Many of those bashing Howard, will say hello to him or will congratulate him. Many others don't even know anything about him except for what is being spewed here.
    I think what the guy is saying is if you don't like Garry Howard, fine. But to bash a guy for getting a new job, especially on an anonymous board, is well, chicken shit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.