1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Garry Howard leaving MJS for TSN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by old_tony, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Lots of things going over people's heads on this page. A little self-awareness is a good thing.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

dreunc1542, I don't play cryptic games so I tend to leave that bs for those who do.
    I didn't know things have gotten so out of sorts around here that wishing a guy good luck on a new job can be so damn controversial.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Nothing's controversial if you came on here and said "Well I, for one, wish Garry all the luck in the world in his new gig. He deserves it!"

What's controversial is you coming in here, deciding you know why we don't like him (ignoring all his ignoramusnessocity) and then continuing to pontificate on it.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

You wished him luck and that's fine. If 10 other people don't wish him luck, that's not a referendum on you. It just might be an indication that there isn't exactly a universal love for the subject of such luck-wishing. Nothing out of sorts there.

EDIT: what the lady said.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

There's a lady?

Where?

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Howard only gets about a fifth of what the (former) SE in Athens got but talking about him might be enough to lure Hoops out of retirement and that might be a good thing to have him back around this joint, even for a little bit.

Hoops still has my favorite SJ line, ever.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

@Ijag, you know saying that would've created more controversy. You may not like the way I say something and that's OK. I was not pontificating.
    @Playthrough, I said as much in a deleted post. Everyone has their right to feel however they want to.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the Athens (now Montgomery) SE is a Howard disciple.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm going to start threads applauding the latest Lupica/Whitlock/Albom column and see how long it takes for the trashing (understandably) to start.

There are only a handful of SEs who get this treatment.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Says "floridanewbie31"

11. Says Tony Jones

What's your point? No shame in my game, homie

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No, not the name you check into hotels with incognito. And the lack of understanding of anonymity on here is far older than criticism of any one person.

--John Smith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.