1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Garrard released by Jags

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cubbiebum, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Ask not for whom the bell tolls, Blaine Gabbert...

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know if the Jags would have gotten $9 mil worth of performance from Garrard, and I doubt his release will cost the team $9 mil in ticket sales - but I think they could have gotten something out of him in a trade.
    Maybe McCown has a better relationship with Gabbert.

But really - the problem the Jags have isn't the $9 mil - it is the rest of the roster. And I know there is a parallel between now and when Leftwich got axed, the difference is Garrard hadn't proven he couldn't lead a team - McCown? Eighth year, nine Tds, 10 Ints.

I'm still trying to figure if the move was Del Rio's attempt to save his job, or show other owners that he's willing to take a hit for their bottom line.

I guess good news for Texans fans.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Mike Brown believes David Garrard had a contract and the Jags should have honored it.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Here's right here and you wouldn't know a fact if it bit you. Some of us have real jobs where we can't play kindergarten cop on SportsJournalists.com.
    And you're the one throwing this out first, so you can somehow blame for for "obsessing" about you. I know it's a blow to your ego but I really don't.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I will point out ill-informed stupidity whenever the fuck I feel like it, R.A. Anyone who thinks Jacksonville is an NFL market is an ill-informed pathetic hometown shill.

Did you see Strasburg pitched tonight? LOL to your idiocy. R.A.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Again, you're the one obsessing, for all the SportsJournalists.com world to see. You remain a sad, pathetic little man. And now on ignore for all time.

7. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

As a diehard Texans fan, Jacksonville was the least of my concerns. I'm only worried about Indy, and Indy only, though I could see the Titans being better than the Jags this year, and that was before Garrard was released.

8. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

The Seahawks got a win over the Saints in the playoffs. Not too shabby.

9. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Jack Del Rio has a love fest with LaTech players.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sure thing, R.A. Whatever you say, R.A.

You must love Del Rio dumping two black QBs on the eve of the opener.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"Diehard Texans fan"? I think there's a time minimum for that designation.

Also, the biggest worry for the Texans has always been the Texans. Year in and year out, they find the most incredible, imaginative ways to lose games they've already won.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Even if the Texans are the Texans this year, they should win that division at 7-9.

Draft saved Draft deleted