1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gardner Webb blows UK off the Court in Rupp

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stoney, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Oh wait, I apologize, that reaction was grossly unprofessional and uncalled for on a sports journalism site Sorry, It's just the idea that tiny obscure impoverished Gardner Webb, a team that that went 9-21 last year against a lot of DII calibur opposition, a team picked to finish at the bottom of the painfully woeful Atlantic Sun Conference this year, did not just beat mighty UK, who just ran a class act like Tubby Smith out of town so they could obscenely overpay Billy Gillespie, but actually pretty much blew them off their own home court, well it just sort of caused me for an instant to to lose my professional perspective and ....

Oh fuck it, Bwahahahahahahahahaha.......
  2. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

I don't often call out D_B's, so I don't really know the protocol. What do I say?

Suck on this! (??) ...

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You're only about an hour late to the party, dude/dudette.
  4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good for Tubby.
  5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

A thread just on this game is fine with me. I texted my girlfriend several times with score updates, knowing full damn well that it would put a damper on her weekly girls' night. I am a bad person. I do not deny this.

She was the only UK fan I know who was PISSED when they fired Tubby. I know some who wanted him to stay but were OK with the change. She, however, was PISSED, and remained that way tonight. She loved Tubby.
  6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Active Member

Bless you Bubbler for having the D_B alert out.

I was with friends tonight and never saw the television screen or the computer.

Damn, Billy Clyde, it looks like your team didn't leave the stalls at Churchill Downs, no?
  7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No problem with a separate thread on an upset of this magnitude.
  8. Hammer Pants

I've always wanted to see friendofthefriendless do a D_B call out.
  9. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

Eff you Ess Jay! No one fucks with my D_B call!
  10. Hammer Pants

I think Bubbs just got owned.
  11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yes! We're off the hook! ;D

A Michigan fan
  12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Active Member

I'm just happy that both upsets involved North Carolina schools. :)
Draft saved Draft deleted