1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gannett buys iPhones, iPads, etc., for its journalists

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MisterCreosote, Dec 22, 2011.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I'm pretty certain at our shop the phones they gave us are for our personal use, but remain the property of the company. In other words, we can use the phone for personal phone calls, but when/if we leave, the phone is turned back into Gannett to be given to the next person.

I'd be very surprised if they just let me leave with their phone.

2. Hey, Gannett laid off a bunch of my friends.

Guess we know where they got the dough to buy all their techie shit for their journalists.

A kindly note to Gannett: May untold thousands of maggots enter your every orifice and dine through eternity (or something like that).

Have a great day!

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Looks like somebody went on an anti-Gannett rant this morning...

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

... and it wasn't me.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Did they at least get to keep their iPhones? The amount of cash spent on iPhones is small compared to bonuses.

6. G A N N E T T mistakenly -- as usual -- thinks that arming their "journalists" with techie stuff and appearing very giving will sculpt a thankful workforce (No. 1) and mold them into, well, great journalists (No. 2).

(Buzzer sounding loudly)

Need to hire great journalists to build a great enterprise, G. But if you're hiring Joey from the Shit-County Times and Edna from the East Jesus Telegraph, you're just not gonna have yerself a product that's worth a damn, pardner.

Now, I don't think BrokeBack Mountain ever got that nor did ol' Dickface nor did the Hideous Creature That Took Over.

And let's be fair. This incompetent trio can be found at the top of most of today's newspaper chains. But G seems to find incompetence with more skill than others do.

Draft saved Draft deleted