1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gangland shootings: How bad is it where you are?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Aug 9, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've seen both sides of the big-city life first-hand, and I'd recommend it to a friend.

2. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

I, of course, live in BFE, and shootings are virtually non-existant. On the rare occasion we'll get one, but you're talking hens teeth. One has to go south or east for two hours to get to major metro areas where they are more likely.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

We have our gangs here, but I'm more concerend about the douchenozzle 13-year-olds that think it's cool to throw a landscaping brick to the interstate--and cars--below from an overpass. Dickweeds.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No gangs here, unless you count some skateboards who roam town at midnight. That's as mean as they come here.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

As long as they stick to killing each other, no great loss to society. When innocent bystanders get whacked, that's a problem.

6. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Several years ago had a mental case throw himself off an overpass, landed on the windshield of a truck driver and killed him on the spot. The jumper, of course, also died.

7. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

And can they land a damn trick on those skateboards?? Nooooo.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

That's my philosophy, too. At least we don't have home invasions like Vancouver.

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I guess Flash finally got the hit out on the married man who kept sending her texts.

10. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Stop snitchin'. But seriously that's the part that has gotten out of control with gangs. They do mostly stick to taking each other out, but if anyone from the neighborhood -- innocent people that don't want to have to deal with violence daily -- speaks up to police, gangs won't hesitate to take them out just to send a message.

11. Meat Loaf

Meat Loaf Guest

I haven't killed anyone lately, so it's pretty quiet around.

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

There's not too much gang activity here.

Domestic violence? Spreading like wildfire.

Draft saved Draft deleted