1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gangbangers: Not the future of journalism

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HanSenSE, Aug 24, 2010.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If necessary, mods, move elsewhere:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/crime/detail?entry_id=70724

Two men were arrested Monday at Laney College in Oakland after being found with guns in their backpacks as they were leaving a journalism class, police said.
    Investigators said that the two, in addition to being students at the community college, were members of an East Oakland gang.
    Reginald Battle, 20, had a loaded .40-caliber pistol in his backpack, and Christian Williams, 21, had an unloaded TEC-9 in his, said police Sgt. Randy Brandwood, who commands the Violent Crime Unit that made the arrests.
    Both were arrested shortly before 10 a.m. as they left a journalism class at the community college near Lake Merritt, Brandwood said.
    Battle is on probation and parole for gun and robbery convictions, and Williams is on probation for robbery, Brandwood said.
    Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/crime/detail?entry_id=70724#ixzz0xV66egHF

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Soooo ... I did my initiation for nothing?

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The most amazing part of the story was that they still teach classes for a field that has no jobs. Does that school still have a "Stage Coach driving" major?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm sure Sarah Palin is tweeting right now about their 1st and 2nd ammendment rights not being respected - and now they'll get to use (or not use) their 5th ammendment rights.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

The ad in the top right corner of my page right now is for "Professional Firearms Training."

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Please tell me Bubbler isn't your gang name, too.

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Let's not be silly here. Sarah Palin does not believe gangsters who obtain guns illegally should be protected under the 2nd amendment. Stop being a dumbass.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I guess they figure they'll need a gun to handle all the swimming and JV soccer parents who whine that they never get enough coverage.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This guy's here for the ... nevermind.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Correct. Because she hates black people and would-be journalists.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I think you're on to something.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Bitch better give me my byline!

Draft saved Draft deleted