1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gammons AP story

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jun 28, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Anyone know who the AP writer in Boston is who would have done the Gammons update?

A Boston native who grew up in nearby Groton, Gammons has been a regular on ESPN's Sunday night telecasts this season, working the Braves-Yankees game in New York on Monday night.

Gammons did not do the game Monday night, that was Duke Castiglione.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Olbermann was on ESPN radio this afternoon and basically put the pieces together. Didn't catch all of it, but...

1. Gammons was apparently driving into Boston from the Cape yesterday morning, when he started feeling something that wasn't right.

2. Gammons then called his family, alerted them that he wasn't feeling well and asked them to have someone pick him up. The family then calls 911

3. By the time the first responders get to Gammons car, he was unconscious. The decision was then made to fly him into Boston.

That's about all I heard. Can anyone else add to that?

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

damn good thing he pulled over because otherwise he'd be a goner.

this has nothing to do with anything, but is gammons married? does he have kids? just curious.

4. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

From Wikipedia.com

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

thanks, OHB. for some reason i thought he was single. probably because i once heard a nasty story about him from a source i consider reliable but i won't repeat it here, especially since the poor guy's in intensive care.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting that Peter lives in Provincetown? That is just not right given the situation.

Draft saved Draft deleted