1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game show sj.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, May 28, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Dude, it would be Murders R Us in the first 10 minutes. First time I don't pop the whipped cream balloon with the pointer thing on my head, spnited would choke me.

2. I auditioned for Bumper Stumpers when we were at the Canadian National Exposition a while back.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Here's a primer, Clever.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Match_Game

I thought Rayburn died more recently than 1999.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Rayburn

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Perhaps you were thinking of Nipsey Russell, who died last year or something like that? I would have thought Rayburn died in this decade too. Pretty much everyone good on that show is gone now. Betty White is the Match Game Royal Rumble winner, apparently.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Our prizes suck too, although they are tax free!

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I figure anybody who can't remember Match Game has to be right in that ballpark, agewise. :D

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I'm still in college?

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Geez, Wicked. That isn't a primer. It's a Russian novel... with almost as many characters. :eek:

My gosh, I had no idea there were that many iterations of Match Game. I did know, however, that Richard Dawson was an unmitigated prick from the numerous stories I've heard throughout the years -- including from a family I knew who went on "Family Feud" and said he was rude and arrogant off-camera.

But I never heard that story about how he mailed it in toward the end, although the story about the producers trying to dissuade people from picking him because he kept nailing the final game was pretty cool.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

SportsJournalists.com Match Game

Top row: Jones, IJAG, BYH
    Bottom row: Lugnuts, Big Dog, 21

Add this third row for the second half hour of the SportsJournalists.com Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour (with Bowser from Sha-Na-Na hosting)

Dooley_Womack, Rosie (a la Rose Marie), Chris L

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I'm just fired up I got in either one, though I wouldn't know what I was doing on Match Game and don't care enough to read about it.

Thanks, koke.

Draft saved Draft deleted