1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game Show Contestants

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Is there a bigger group of melodramatic, over-acting, attention-seeking douchebags in the world?

They dance, they sing, they cry, they're cocky, they're sappy.

I'm watching Deal or No Deal and rooting AGAINST the contestant.

Losers.

By the way, this show jumped the shark. There was a guy suspended above the crowd, a threesome of ladies dressed in black "protecting the million dollars."

Idiotic.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Some of them are pretty cool, so I don't think it's a blanket rule. But when I'm watching Lingo and I see a couple of douche bags -- which is rare on that show because no one wants to be a prick in front of Chuck Woolery -- I root against them.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Reality TV contestants are worse than game-show contestants.

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Oh, I don't know. Is there a greater example of cranialis rectalis douchenozzlery than the overgeneralization above?

:mad: ::) :mad: ::) :mad: ::) :mad: ::) :mad: ::) :mad: ::) :mad: ::) :mad: ::) :mad: ::) :mad: ::) :mad: ::) :mad: ::) :mad: ::) >:

5. Pete Incaviglia

Oh Birdscribe, I'm so sorry.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Can I get Smarmy Generalizations for $500, Alex?

:D

7. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Charisma figures greatly into the equation. Ken Jennings had a certain amount of charm, even though on paper, probably dishwater dull.

I didn't see Birdscribe's performance, but I can totally see where ByDesign had an everyman type of lovable charm that translates nicely onscreen. You don't look at him and go, "oh, what a SOB." You wanna root for him. And everyone else on WoF.

I was on a game show on MTV back around 1990. They took some real dumbasses as contestants. Why? Because they were oddballs and had charm. And we were most certainly encouraged to whoop it up over getting a question right.

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

If you tell me you were on Remote Control, I'm gonna shit my pants.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Were you on Singled Out, westcoastvol? :)

10. printdust

printdust New Member

There's basically two game show groups these days: Make Me Rich and Make Me Famous.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

God, I miss that show. If not for Singled Out, I'd never have gotten through puberty. And Jenny McCarthy is still in my top 5. Good for her, huh?

12. Pete Incaviglia

Yeah, I should have been more specific. Outside of Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, you have to act like an ass in order to be on [insert game show's name here].

Draft saved Draft deleted