1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones: Spoilers - just like Winter - are coming.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Man I love this season.

Astapor should be great next week.

I thought the last thing this week was really well done, especially the finish.

I'm not sure where they're going with the Theon storyline. It's already quite a bit differ et than the book.

One touch I've really liked is how they've folded the music in from the book. The Bear and the Maiden Fair made me smile - both versions from this episode.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I mentioned on the other thread that I liked they played it, that moment when he is shocked and his brain is taking a moment to process what just happened before the screaming started.

I do think it was interesting that in the book, he didn't quite do as much to bring it on himself as in the show, if I remember correctly.

3. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I'm very frustrated with the Theon story, which seems pointlessly confusing. I didn't think they handled the burning of Winterfell particularly well last year, and whatever the hell they're doing with him now is even more muddled. I've read the books so I know where it's probably going, but the execution is just weird and unclear in ways that wonky writing choices rather than attempts at actual misdirection.

Enjoying the season apart from that. Oh, Jaime.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Man, was I disappointed we didn't get to Dani's next move in Astapor in that ep. I knew we wouldn't, but I just kept hoping.

5. Justin_Rice

There should be enough "big moments" this season to basically spread them out throughout the season.

Red wedding! The wedding pie in King's Landing! Astapor! ... plus a bunch of Jon Snow knowing nothing!

Should be great.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Jon Snow's know-nothing period is going to end pretty soon, right? (Or at least the period where Ygritte is around to alert him to that fact.)

7. RickStain

I'm just assuming I'm going to be disappointed by the Red Wedding because it can't possibly match my expectations.

Joffrey's death is going to be fun, especially with how they've portrayed him on the show.

8. btm

btm Member

Did anyone else get frustrated with the fourth and fifth books?

9. RickStain

Absolutely. It bogs down a lot, imo, but that's partially because I never cared as much for the non-Westeros portions, and Westeros is a hot mess after Storm of Swords.

10. RickStain

This commercial cracks me up, though I'm surprised they haven't gotten blowback for the extremely mild spoilers:

11. Justin_Rice

Oh, and damn - we get death of Tywin at the end of this season. Damn this is going to be a great few weeks.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

No, we don't. The third book is being split into two seasons.

Draft saved Draft deleted