1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones: Spoilers - just like Winter - are coming.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Since Walking Dead set the precedent .... here's the spoiler-friendly GoT thread. Talk about whatever you'd like - the book, the show, etc. etc. etc.

No spoiler warnings necessary.

I have enjoyed the first two episodes this season, but I think a lot of it is because I know what's coming - the Red Wedding, the King's demise, and the rape of Astapor.

They've done a good job setting these things up in the first two weeks.

And whatsmore - I've read the books twice, but I've never had a strong opinion who poisoned Joff. Giving how they are portraying the Martells, though - why do I think it was Marg or the grandma?

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

SHE HAD A DICK.

3. Let me just say that Jon Snow is NOT Ned's bastard.

He is his sister's child by the Rhaegar Targaryen. Ned promised his dying sister that he would raise him as his own son but Ned also knew that the boy would be killed if his real father was known.

4. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Justin...grandma

5. With help from Littlefinger

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Is that a spoiler or a theory? I haven't read the books, but I've read some summaries because I'm curious and impatient. My guess was that Jon Snow was really Ned's nephew, but Robert was the father and didn't know it.

7. Theory. But Martin left a number of clues in the books.

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I am firmly in the "Jon = son of Rhaegar" camp. ... and I'm pretty sure at some point he and Dani will be married. And I'm pretty sure some Stark will end up warging into a dragon.

.... Jesus the next book can't get here soon enough.

9. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Never been able to figure out who Jon is. But I think he is Ned's. I know there are clues about the mother, though.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Separate but equal never works.

11. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

When Jon went to the Wall didn't Ned give him the speech about being "my son" although not having his name? That could have double meaning, though. He raised him, so he was his son. He didn't have has name because he wasn't really a Stark.

I have not thought about it (nor have I read the books but have read up on it) but he could be Robert's son. All the Targaryen's are blond. Robert's bastards were dark haired. BUT, if Ned had that knowledge, why wouldn't he have mumbled something about it when he discovered the truth about Joffery?

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Don't know about the book, but I actually just watched that episode of the show the other day. Ned told Jon he was a Stark and he had his blood, which is vague enough to be true if Jon is his sister's son.

Draft saved Draft deleted