1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 8 (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Talk soon - Sam

Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  3. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I was wondering who the prostitutes were talking about during that scene. I guess it’s an Easter egg for fans?

Though, for the split second he was on screen, I did wonder why I recognized him and was he important:

'Game of Thrones' premiere featured cameos from 'It's Always Sunny' and 'Silicon Valley'

4. outofplace

5. outofplace

HBO has given us the crossover nobody asked for with this short celebrating the 50th anniversary of Sesame Street. There is a Westworld one, too.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Wild predictions for tonight? Mine is that Tyrion goes. I think that Dany is going to go more and more Mad Queen.

7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Honestly, losing Tyrion at this point would not be a big loss. No pun intended. His character has flatlined for me.

My feeling is Gilly dies/ something horrible happens to her only because HBO released 16 photos this week and she was prominent in two of them.

Bran finally shows his powers this week. I think Sansa wants to punish Jaime Lannister for his crimes and bran speaks up. She dismisses him and he wargs into her and makes her let Jaime survive.

8. Webster

Another foreplay episode

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Not for Arya.

10. Webster

Not what I was looking for

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Sir Brienne of Tarth. I think that may have been the only scene in GoT that ever made me choke up.

Neutral Corner and Justin_Rice like this.
  12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I thought it was an amazing episode, with several great set pieces between characters we’ve been waiting to get in the same room.

Loved it. .... except Ayra Stark: Sex Symbol made me feel weird.

Draft saved Draft deleted