1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 8 (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Apr 8, 2019.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The other one seemed more interesting to me, but given the way they handled the night battle against the White Walkers in Season 8, I'm not sure a series centered around the beginning of the Long Night was the way to go. Although it would have probably been cheaper to film 10 hours of blackness.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I have a hard time believing any GoT reboot will come close to the original. Would have rather followed Arya on her explorations to new worlds.

bigpern23 likes this.
  4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I think the story of the Targaryens has promise, especially since Martin has already laid out everything for it. Plus, we get more dragons. Or we should.

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Same. I'm still holding out hope that after she spends a couple of years on other projects and just being a young adult, she'll come back to the role.

bigpern23 likes this.
  6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I really couldn’t care at all about the dragons. The best part of the show was the storytelling and it fell apart the final two seasons. The dragons were built up to be such unbeatable forces that the death of the second one by Euron silly.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That part was particularly troubling. I guess they felt they had to do something to build up the idea that Cersei's forces somehow stood a chance even though they really didn't.

Webster likes this.
  9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 27, 2022
  11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Cersei oddly looks like mid 1990s Courtney Love. Ygritte looks a lot younger than 19.

12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

All the Starks were kids in the books.

Draft saved Draft deleted