1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 8 (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I don't know if that will be true. Those characters weren't featured in the show when they were following the books and the main paths were still both leading to the same places. I'd imagine (assuming Martin actually finishes everything) he'll get there with his world as it stands rather than being beholden to the show's world. He'll have more room to breathe in the books to wrap up subplots and flesh out character arcs much better than the shows did.

It's just an endgame in chess. D&D found a way to get to mate with just a queen and the two knights. Martin will likely do it with a bishop and a few pawns still hanging around.

2. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Hasn't Jon Snow already been killed (permanently, I assume) in the books? Seems like that will have to make the ending as well as the path very different.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

He was killed at the end of Book 5, but I would think George would bring him back just like they did in the book. It would be hilarious if part of the reason WoW is taking so long is he went back and decided just to kill Jon or have him warg permanently into Ghost.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, Jon Snow's death in the show was faithful to the books, so I'm assuming it's not going to stick in the books.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You think he’s ever going to finish those books? You think he can limit himself to just two more books to finish out the series (assuming he ever gets around to it in the first place)?

JRoyal likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I watched the first hour last night then fell asleep. It was OK. What I saw was all about the production, not the story.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HC likes this.
  9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Extremely boring. How many ways can we show extras getting into 8th-century coats?

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, I came back a night or two later and watched part of the rest but never made it to the end.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Although there was some entertainment from the woman in charge of the outdoor sets or some such chore. She dropped more F-bombs than a squadron of Marines.

12. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted