1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 8 (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Apr 8, 2019.

1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

My wife pointed this one out. Maesters can’t marry. Sam is now a Maester. What happens to Gilly, little Sam and the baby?

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Double Down and Neutral Corner like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I keep wondering who was doing Danerys' braids for her after Missandei was killed. First time you see her after, her hair is in rats, but by the last show she has this incredible web of interconnected Queen braids.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Sorry it didn’t live up to your broish expectations. The show’s last season was trash, but Jon was never going to be king, and if you thought he was, joke is on you.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Here it is...

qtlaw likes this.
  8. CD Boogie

I think you need some new hobbies, amigo.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You gotta figure someone in the Unsullied Army went to beauty school before taking up arms.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

11. CD Boogie

Since Grey Worm can't play with himself, I imagine he could put his hands to some good use when not throwing spears and stabbing people.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I keep hearing about her breaking in just one moment. That simply isn't true. There were many little moments this season leading up to her burning of the city.

Also, this is written as if all Jon did was walk up to Dany and stab her. He did try to talk to her. He did try to make her see what she had done was wrong, or at least stop acting that way going forward. What he saw instead was that she was determined to continue wiping out anybody that might be a threat to her, and even if that wouldn't eventually include him, it would almost definitely be Sansa and Arya. Was there any doubt by the time he stabbed her that Dany was eventually going to want to bring Winterfell under control, which would lead to an attack on Sansa?

I agree that the entire season was rushed and the corruption of Dany should have been handled better, but to say it wasn't set up at all is simply not accurate. She was always willing to burn anybody who got in her way. The difference being, in the past, it was always bad people. The break in Dany was in how she defined who was in her way, and it came to include innocents.

Stoney likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted