1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 8 (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Apr 8, 2019.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

There's no one to create them now that the Night King is dead, is there? I kinda took the defeat before as the First Men staving them off and forcing them to retreat.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Who knew she actually "discovered" America before the Vikings and Columbus? They named a city in Mississippi in her honor.

JRoyal likes this.
  3. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Do we know for sure? In the books, it was mentioned, that some people thought the others/white walkers were just a slightly tougher version of the free folk and the starks/night watch embellished the tales to make themselves look heroic.

That being said we can always assume that bran knows more/all so he must have a reason?

4. cyclingwriter2

With the iron throne destroyed, will future kings vie for the rolling throne?

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That's a complete unknown,

Deskgrunt50 and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Also, how did they find a room not buried under rubble for the first small council meeting.
    Never did hear the end of the story about taking a honeycomb and a jackass into a brothel.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Where is she headed anyway, and when did the Starks get a ship?
    I was really wishing for Yara to open her yap one more time and Arya pounce on her ugly ass. Arya's final line in the whole series was to threaten to slit someone's throat.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

D&D should be pilloried for that. It was a fucking deliberate crime against humanity.

9. Neutral Corner

So Bran the All Seeing sits in the small council and asks "Where is my master of spies?"

WTF do you need one for, Bran?

Stoney likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

11. cyclingwriter2

I think that was a nod to the fans that things had changed? No master of spies, no master of war.

12. cyclingwriter2

A friend hypothesized that the end of the joke is the honeycomb ends up on the donkey and someone goes “now that is a sweet piece of ass.”

Neutral Corner and bigpern23 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted