1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 7

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Does Jaime know it wasn't Tyrion? I know we figured out who did it, but did Jaime ever figure it out?

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Plus, even if he doesn't think Tyrion did it, he knows Cersei is convinced and I don't think that was a fight he wanted to have right then.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I thought when he let Tyrion go it was discussed. Maybe I'm wrong.

Sansa and Jaime rule at the end of of the 13th episode. The two characters who shown the most development

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You could very well be right. There's so much I'm realizing I don't remember about the show just because there's so much involved.

And I fully agree. Sansa went from a vapid teenager to a shrewd character who understands she needs to make things happen for herself and that there are people who always want something. Her line to Jon Snow about needing to be smarter than Rob and Ned was telling.

I think Jaime is seeing shades of Aerys in Cersi. Cersi is asserting her authority but is letting that power go to her head. Jaime is trying to talk her down and realize that there is no kingdom to rule if the kingdom doesn't accept her.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I didn't pick up on this myself, but once I saw it on FB, I had to admit it was a nice touch - When Sansa and Jon speak after the meeting with the lords, he says she sounds like she admires Cersei and Sansa says she learned a lot from her. Sansa's hair is the same as Cersei's in Season 1.

[​IMG]

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I didn't pick up on that either, but I'm not sure I would have remembered what her hairstyle was in Season 1.

They're setting up Sansa to be a force this season. Which leads me to believe she'll meet an awful end.

I don't know who'll get the throne in the end, but I'm mostly rooting for Arya to keep murdering as many people as possible.

7. bigpern23

I don't see any satisfying way to end the series without Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaeryn as the saviors of the Seven Kingdoms from the White Walkers. The original name of the damn series is "A Song of Ice and Fire." Why bring Jon Snow back from the dead, if only to kill him again later?

I feel like Jon and Daenerys need to come together to defeat the ultimate menace of the White Walkers.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    HC and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

IMG_0388.jpg If anyone's still wondering, that giant is definitely not Wun Wun. Ramsey shot WW through his right eye, killing him. Last night's giant clearly has his right peeper.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't remember the exact quote. If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

10. Jake_Taylor

I was going to post something to that effect. Maybe the ending brings them together but the White Walkers wipe them out anyway.

11. bigpern23

Fair enough, but give me an ending that makes more sense given the way the series has been written thus far.

Cersei had her moment when she blew up Casterly Rock. They're not going to end the series with her and Jamie leading the Seven Kingdoms with no heirs.

Can Littlefinger win Sansa's heart and the Iron Throne? He's cunning and manipulative, but ultimately he's a backroom string-puller. He's not a leader and Sansa has not yet shown an ability to lead either.

The Greyjoys aren't going to lead the Seven Kingdoms. They'll strike an alliance with the eventual winner and play a pivotal role in beating back the White Walkers, but they have never appeared to have any ambition to rule more than the Iron Islands.

Who's left that can defeat the White Walkers and command the Seven Kingdoms? The Sand Snakes. Nah. Lady Mormont? Maybe, but we've spent 6+ seasons with Jon and Daenerys. Are they going to put the girl who's been in three episodes on the Iron Throne? Unlikely.

The White Walkers winning is the only viable alternative to a Snow/Stormborn Dynasty, and I don't think HBO has the stones to do it.

12. Jake_Taylor

I mean when has HBO ever had a show that was a huge phenomenon and then signed off on a divisive ending?

Neutral Corner and bigpern23 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted