1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones Season 6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Key, Apr 23, 2016.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the better answer.

2. outofplace

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Dorne is a disaster, largely because Oberyn said "We do not hurt little girls in Dorne" no fewer than 15 times in his few episodes on the show and the people who are supposed to be avenging him started by hurting a little girl.

4. outofplace

Agreed. He would hate pretty much everything they have done.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Isn't that the point, though? Isn't that why Dr. Bashir refused to retaliate, ultimately leading to the violent coup? The Snakes are taking over Dorne, but they are doing so by violating the ideals of their land. I suspect their leadership will not last long.

6. outofplace

Part of the problem is we never really got Doran's side, partially because they cut an entire character and subplot from the books. We just got him looking weak and having his people turn on him (remember the guards failing to do anything as he was killed).

The character was a lot stronger, more devious and more interesting in the books.

bigpern23 and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Going to second that. When I got to his big reveal in the book, I actually put down the book and told my wife Doran may be the most cunning person in the entire series.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Today on a very special Fathers Day episode of "Game of Thrones" ....

HanSenSE and bigpern23 like this.
  9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Nerds everywhere rejoice

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That ending might detract from the HuffPo Slate-led outrage over the Walda Frey scene, by I doubt it.

JackReacher likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Top to bottom this episode was fantastic. Bran's story was good, the glimpse we got of him. Death, death and more death. Resurrection, heartbreak, doings that were afoot, comeuppance. ... Hang on, I need to wipe my drool ...

Ace likes this.
  12. outofplace

"Next time I have an idea like that, punch me in the face."

Almost as good as the line about drinking and knowing things (which was in the trailers).

As for Ramsey, I'm just surprised it took him that long.

Ace likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted