1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones Season 6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Key, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to Cersei "(choosing) violence." Should be fun to see her wipe the floor with that Septa's face.

The previews seem to indicate a more prominent role for Davos and the Greyjoys.

Here's hoping Dany's storyline keeps improving and we don't have any threads as boring as the Dorne sidebar last year.

What's everyone else looking forward to? Besides, of course, seeing Valyrian steel piercing the skull of Ramsey Snow-Bolton?

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The whole Greyjoy storyline is probably the one thing that's well behind where the books are. I'm assuming we'll get a very abbreviated version of that, which is honestly fine. I'm looking forward to this season, knowing almost nothing of what will happen.

3. Need to post on here while I can. Just finished season 5 on Netflix. Plan to wait out the season 6 run and then order up. Month of HBO streaming and binge.

Curious to see how Daenaryus handles the Dothraki. And Jon Snow coming back from the dead and getting his back story.

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to what appear to be flashbacks to the battle at the tower of joy. Not trying to do spoilers, but that "event" could be key to the story of Jon Snow.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Has a season premiere ever been special or memorable?

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Season 2 of House of Cards and Season 4 of Breaking Bad are two that come to mind quickly.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Also Season 2 of Deadwood, Season 4 of Friday Night Lights and Season 4 of Justified.

8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It was a roll call episode, except for Bran

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  10. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Yeah...there was some good stuff, but my wife just said "I wish there was something that made me say 'Whoa, didn't see that comin'.'"

I will say, I like the more prominent role for Davos.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Smart boy...well, not so much....

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I kind of wish we saw Tyron by the docks when all hell broke loose. It could have been a little action in the episode beyond Breanne rescuing Sansa.

Beyond that I'm still eager to see if the Wildlings get to Castle Black in time. And what will a free Sansa do. Will she find her brothers? Will she rally the North?

Draft saved Draft deleted