1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones season 5 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, but can Dany? Their demise will leave her in greater need of Jorah's sword and Tyrion's brain when they arrive.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good point. May be the reason for the rewrite from the books.

If I were her, though, I'd feed Jorah to the dragons.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

One thing I wonder, why hasn't Varys worked the back channels to set up an alliance between Dany and Dorne?

Ace likes this.
  4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

More importanly, Ser Barristan's death leaves a void within Daenerys' inner circle. Jorah Mormant no doubt thinks he will fill it, but that I'm guessing Tyrion Lannister ultimately gets the nod instead.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think some wondered because that is conventional movie or television storytelling. Just as the Son of the Harpy is about to cut Ser Berristan's throat, Grey Worm stabs the guy in the back. In some instances, that would be a last-minute save.

Of course, the scenes from next week should remove all doubt if you look closely.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, was just coming to post that. There was clearly a shot of a memorial for him.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah, but didn't he take a spear through his stomach before that? But fair enough; stranger things have happened. I just assumed a spear through the stomach did the trick.

I liked that episode. Really intrigued to see what happens when Jorah and Tyrian get to Mereen.

Also, when is the naked Cercei episode? Gotta be soon, right?

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Spoiler alert, Reacher!

JackReacher likes this.
  9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It's been mentioned in every magazine/online article previewing Season 5, so it's not very spoiler-y.

And it's a body double.

If you want to see Lena Headey naked, go watch 300.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Oh, man. That's a dagger.

Also, I don't wanna see Lena Headey naked. I wanna see Cersei Lannister naked. :)

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

That is a plot in the books, which looks like it is being avoided for now...

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Guess you'll have to be a king or a relative, then.

Big Circus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted