1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones season 5 thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Are you some kind of witch or time traveler?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

If the whole season were leaked, I'd watch. But I'd hate to watch four episodes and then wait a month to see the fifth.

4. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I figured it was going to be slow and was prepared for it. I thought the Mance Rayder scene at the end helped to save an otherwise uneventful episode. As a non-book reader, I'm curious to see how this will play out for Jon Snow. Will he get shit for ending Mance's suffering and/or will he be seen as a hero to the free folk and become their "king beyond the wall"?

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

That's what tempted me to watch ahead. Not saying anything more on that so I don't spoil anything.

I thought those scenes with Mance were strong, though. Especially his reaction when Jon told him he'd be burned alive. Great acting, there.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

One episode of "The Tudors" had Sir Thomas More burning a "heretic" at the stake, too. Pretty nasty stuff. Plus Natalie Dormer of GOT as Anna Bolelyn.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I blew through all the seasons this past winter and am happy to be up-to-date. Going to watch Ep 2 when I get home and then have some thoughts.

8. Killick

Glad that Bronn's not done, with Tyrion on the lam. Really enjoy him.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. I assumed that's where Jaime was headed when he said he wasn't going alone.

That and seeing Alexander Siddig as Doran Martell was fun. I was a big fan of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I know he has done some other stuff since then, but nothing I watched.

10. Killick

Props to Samwell for a great speech, from dissing Janis to "he's the commander we turned to when the night was darkest."

Solid.

HC likes this.
  11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I had the same reaction to seeing Siddig El Fadil, as he was originally known on DS9 before he changed his name (for whatever reason, that name always stuck with me). I believe he was in a couple episodes of Homeland as well. I always liked him.

Another slow, but important, episode. Once again felt like they were moving the chess pieces into position. It had a few important moments — Brienne and Pod finding Sansa; Jon Snow getting elected; Arya meeting Whatshisface; Danaerys seeing her dragon - but was otherwise a bit dull.

12. Killick

Ace likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted