1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones season 4 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Apr 6, 2014.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Seems pretty clear to me that it was Margery's mother (maybe in conjunction with Oberyn?) who arranged it.

She was going on and on to Sansa about how killing someone at a wedding is wrong and, when Tyrion picked up the cup, she was the one we could see in the frame.

I'm guessing the fool who pulled Sansa away is the one who actually poisoned Joffrey's wine.

2. I'll also speculate that Tyrion may actually be half Targaryan (sp?) as well. Some hints in the book and would explain why his father hates him so much.

3. George R R Martin has a sense of humor

http://instagram.com/p/mwT0VusNwx/

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

They're lucky that his storyline was what it was and allows them to have him sitting down with his legs covered all the time.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The Bran storyline is boring right now, but the rest of the show is so good, I can deal with it. I also have faith that the payoff will be worth it.

6. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

I don't think it was the wine that was poisoned. Joffrey was the only one who ate the pie and it's unclear if he killed the dove inside or simply sliced through one that was already dead because of the poison in the pie.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

If they poisoned the pie, wouldn't that have killed everyone at the wedding? That seems like a lot of collateral damage, even for GoT.

I guess we'll know when/if there are a bunch of dead dogs from the leftovers.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

It was the wine.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

True that, though when Hodor carried him to the tree his legs were hanging nearly to the ground and the guy who plays Hodor is about 6-10 in real life.

Add to that his deepened voice and teenaged facial features, and to suspend disbelief that this is a 9-year-old boy is ridiculous. He looks like Tim Lincecum for God's sake.

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Yeah, they made a point of having him say something about washing the pie down to make it clear he had slurped down some wine. Had to be the wine.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think she is Margaery's grandmother, not her mother, though it does get confusing keeping everybody straight. She really is fun. Loved how she told her son (Margaery's father) to shut up and not interrupt her and Tywin.

I can buy the theory that it was the fool, under her orders. That raises the other question. Where is he taking Sansa? (Not much of a mystery to those who have read the books).

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As someone who hasnt read the books, the fact that Martin keeps Bran alive and on some journey makes him very important, eventually.
    He and Dany are basically cut off from all the other story lines. No one talks about them or is concerned about them. They become the alliance that defeats the sadistic butchers between them.
    But, as the saying goes, if you think this has a happy ending, you havent been paying attention.

Draft saved Draft deleted