1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones season 4 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Apr 6, 2014.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It definitely could have done better, imo. It's absolutely one of my favorite moments in the series.

But the syncronized dismount was awesome, as was "All the same, we do not kneel."

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Anticlimactic, but that scene was very much in character for all involved. It actually kinda fits for Stannis to seem underwhelming even in victory. He has no interest in putting on a show. He just wants to get the job done.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I guess the build up to Stannis' arrival could have had a little bit more tension to add to the significance of his cavalry riding into the camp. What does that mean? I'm not sure, maybe the King Beyond the Wall putting Jon Snow in chains and talking up his army to make a charge on the wall.

I get that doesn't quite work with personalities or the fact he had already sent men to scale the wall, but that kind of added tension I feel was missing.

4. outofplace

That is a often a strength of Martin's work, but sometimes a weakness as well. I've read that he tends to worry more about how he thinks things would really go than what might make the story better.

Not the most compelling scene ever, but I liked it simply because it made sense. It did not come out of nowhere. Davos had brought the issue of the threat at the Wall to Stannis. The scene with the bankers showed how they were able to supply the army. The approach to the battle fit what we know of the Wildlings and what we know of Stannis. The actions and words of Mance, Stannis, Davos and Jon were all very much in character.

5. outofplace

https://tv.yahoo.com/photos/hbo-game-of-thrones-season-5-casting-1406323506-slideshow/

Casting updates for Season 5, including yet another character being recast (this time it is Mycella. A few recognizable faces. Alexander Siddig, who I remember best from Deep Space 9, will play Doran Martell, Prince of Dorne.

6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Jazz version of the Game of Thrones theme with Dave Koz.

Draft saved Draft deleted