1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones season 4 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Apr 6, 2014.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You ever watched a movie with someone who has seen it before and keeps saying "ooh, ooh, pay attention, this is important! This is gonna be good!"

Nobody likes that guy.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Except we're not watching the show as we post here. A big part of why that guy in the movie is so annoying is that he is talking during the movie.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So weird. Until I read Rick's last post. I thought he was talking about the dongs.

Dongs.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I thought you liked reading spoilers.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Does the board keep the books out of the show thread a la the walking dead thread?

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I *love* it. I wish the whole world were one big spoiler-friendly zone. But my love of spoilers is clashing with my love of ascending my Throne Of Judgment on etiquette matters.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Ha, fair enough.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not really. There is no separate thread for discussing the books as well as the show. People who have read the books are pretty good about not giving things away until they happen on the show. Again, I don't think what Jay posted was bad at all.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

No book spoilers here please and THANK YOU. :)

And I didn't think what Jay said was bad at all.

If you watched any of the previews that HBO has ON DEMAND they say Episode 9 has been THE episode in each season where something dramatically catastrophic happens Or is the BIG episode. They already said this year is we get that in just about EVERY episode.

I think next week is the Royal Wedding episode, which takes up half the time.

I've got a bad feeling going forward, especially since Sansa's handmaiden overheard Tyrion and Shay in his chambers. Remember that handmaiden has a vendetta against Shay threatening her when Sansa began her "red flower."

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The scene with Tyrion and Oberyn was excellent. It's worth noting that his implication that Rhaegar Targaryen "left Elia Martell for another woman" goes against the narrative as it's been explained up to this point.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I agree with just about every word of this post.

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Which one was this? I can't remember any reference to Rhaegar's wife/wives other than that it would've been his sister? Would Martell be Dany's mother (step mother?)

Draft saved Draft deleted