1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 4 (For book readers; Spoilers welcome)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by H.L. Mencken, May 12, 2014.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Why is Asha called Yara on the show?

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think to avoid confusion with Osha.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Ah, fair enough. That would be more of an issue with the show.

4. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

So how do we think they'll handle the lack of the singer as a character in the Eyrie? Baelish can't very well blame it on Sansa.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

And the preview of the next episode made it seem like she rats him out. Granted, I don't know who she'd rat him out TO, but that's what it looks like.

6. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

It looks that way, but I'm betting it's a ruse. In SofS doesn't she convince the Lords of the Vale that it was the singer? I suspect he convinces her somehow that the only way for it to be alright is to say someone else did it, but the preview is meant to mislead you and think that she's going to rat on him. It's a pretty standard HBO trick at this point.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

So by my estimation, here's what we need to get to next week:

- The Mountain dies (if he hasn't already)
    - Tyrion gets revenge on Tywin and Shae
    - The Hound's death
    - Stannis shows up to save everyone's ass at the Wall
    - Jon gets lit up by his comrades

Add in the obligatory Khaleesi scenes, as well as potential check-ins with Sansa/Littlefinger and the Boltons (although they might have done enough with those last two storylines to let them ride for the season). We're sure to get a hefty dose of fucking Bran. And while I predicted the same thing last year, I'd bet money that the last scene of the season will introduce Lady Stoneheart.

That's a whole lot to pack into 50 minutes.

EDIT: HookEm, you're right about Jon's betrayal. I do think they'll resolve the Mountain this season, though, if they didn't take liberties and have him die already.

8. HookEm2014

HookEm2014 Member

I don't think there is any way they can get to all of that in 50 minutes. The Mountain and Jon getting lit up will definitely not be in next week's episode, both happen very late in a Dance with Dragons. Stannis may happen, but I think that may be a little early. Personally, I think it ends on Tyrion. It's a big moment for the guy and the showrunners can use it as a "drop the mic" moment, if you will, at the end of the season.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They did show a crossbow in the scenes from next week's episode. I also think they will end on Tyrion.

The Mountain's death was in Feast for Crows, not Dance with Dragons, though there is some question if he was somehow re-animated in the latter. I also agree that Jon Snow being betrayed is a ways off. Maybe the story at the wall wraps up for this season with the arrival of Stannis?

The Hound's death could also wait until next season.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, Jon probably won't even be made Lord Commander until next season. The Wall storyline for this season probably ends with Stannis arriving after Jon meets with Mance Rayder.

We seem to be done with Sansa/Littlefinger til next season, until it's short scene of them leaving the Eyrie.

Tyrion kills Tywin & Shae and escapes will definitely happen next week.

Same goes for The Hound dies, and Arya gets on a boat to Braavos.

Bran apparently gets to the Weirwood Tree next week, based on the previews.

Not sure what the check-in will be with Daenarys. Maybe the peasant whose child was killed by the dragon?

Could the season end with the Lady Stoneheart reveal, perhaps?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.ranker.com/tags/game-of-thrones

Some fun stuff on this site. I really like the one with the characters draws as Disney cartoons. (Just the first few. The ones where they have actual Disney characters in Game of Thrones roles aren't nearly as good.)

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Book readers: A question. Seeing a lot of nerd outrage about "no Tysha?!?" First, had no idea who that was, so I googled. Items I found had no mention of her being around again, after her gang rape when the Imp was 13 (or 16, according to the show). So, what were readers expecting?

Draft saved Draft deleted