1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 4 (For book readers; Spoilers welcome)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by H.L. Mencken, May 12, 2014.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I would have loved to see that as the final scene of the season, but it certainly does seem to be coming this week. If I remember correctly, that was at the end of Storm of Swords.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

It was. I believe the last line was along the lines of "Someone's killed my lady wife!"

Also, in the interest of full accountability, I believe I also predicted Lady Stoneheart as the capper to Season 3. I may not have said it here, but I know I said it elsewhere. But I'll still toss that turd at the wall one more time...

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

"This singer has killed my lady wife!" I think was it.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I hope they at least end the episode with it, though the last words spoken should be "Only Cate," and then he sends her flying. Worry about the cover-up the following week.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Well, the singer hasn't been introduced on the show unless I missed it.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He was the one that Joffrey threatened to remove his tongue back in season 1, although that was a different singer in the books, they named him on the show.

7. Steak Snabler

Yes, but he's not at the Eyrie on the show is he?

8. RickStain

No idea on that.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I find it hard to say The Montain has been underplayed on the show. He beheaded a fucking horse! Then we had the brotherly one-on-one. How could anyone not remember who he is?

10. RickStain

Plus he hung a billion guys in Harrenhal. Sparking a meme of "Detective Clegane" on a forum I frequent, where h's like Sherlock Holms but with hanging as his only method of investigation.

11. Steak Snabler

Yeah, but the Mountain has been basically non-existent for two seasons on the show. He's mentioned almost constantly in the books.

12. RickStain

He hasn't been on screen as much, but he's been mentioned enough that anyone watching will instantly know who he is.

Arya and Sandor talking about him was a pretty prominent scene not that many episodes ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted