1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones Season 3 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That's totally different. One's a single night, self-contained news event. The other is a week-to-week series that is trying to maintain some suspense to keep you watching.

Don't act like I'm the only person who feels this way. Go to Alan Sepinwall's or Andy Greenwald's episode recaps and they contain the same spoiler warnings.

If you give away future plot points to those of us who haven't read the books, you're just being a dick.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Bodie dies in Season 4 of The Wire.

Keep it up and I'll start discussing the Red Wedding.

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

So if Sepinwall and Greenwald say spoiler warning, it's cool, but if we do it on the board, then it's not OK? Don't read posts that say "spoiler warning." Seems pretty simple.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

No, what Sepinwall and Greenwald do is delete any spoiler posts and ban users who post them.

Also, Kevin Spacey is Keyser Soze.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure she comes in later in the game, too. Book 3 instead of Book 2, maybe?

6. Steak Snabler

I suppose, but I don't know why we can't discuss the TV show on its own merits. Like I said, if you want "TV vs. books" discussion, start another thread.

I understand there's difference between "I like who they picked to portray [Character X]" and "[Event Y] never happened in the book. [Blank] is how it really happened." The former is harmless, the latter is those who have read the books lording it over those who haven't.

This isn't Lord of the Rings here, which has been in the public consciousness for 50 years. We're talking about a series of five three-inch thick novels that some of us might want to read one day, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Or maybe we just want to let the TV show unfold as if the books never existed.

If I'm alone here, I'll gladly shut up now.

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

My problem isn't you complaining about spoilers, necessarily. It's you complaining about useless spoilers. Like, if I had said I wonder how they're going to deal with Tyrion's death at the end of the third book, since Dinklage is so popular, you'd have every right to be pissed.

NOTE: Tyrion does not die at the end of the third book. Or does he? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Big Circus

I have trouble discussing stuff with my wife, who hasn't read the books and doesn't want to be spoiled. I feel like I can't even mention certain characters just because it would be a spoiler.

9. Steak Snabler

That's fine. Just don't tell me who Jon Snow's mother is.

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I say this in all seriousness: No one knows. There are a fuckton of theories out there; none of them proven.

11. Steak Snabler

Yeah, I knew that. That's why I mentioned it.

12. Big Circus

I actually saw somewhere - maybe on this thread, so apologies if I'm ripping anyone off - that Martin picked Benioff and Weiss to do the show because they correctly guessed who she was.

Draft saved Draft deleted