1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones Season 3 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Mar 31, 2013.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Meh. Who wants to bother keeping all of the names straight, anyway?

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I haven't read the books, but my understanding is that Benioff and Weiss were so enamored of Richard Madden's performance as Robb Stark that they expanded his character arc far beyond what happens in the book. I guess that's why they gave his wife a prominent role, too.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

His roll hasn't changed that much ...

Minor book spoiler below ...

In the book they don't really follow Rob's campaign against the lanisters. You're just sort of caught up on things as they happen. ... And in the book the story flows away from single Robb, and then rejoins him and *poof* he's married to this girl the reader hasnt met before.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I don't find Robb particularly interesting or compelling, on the show or in the books.

5. Steak Snabler

I'm really not interested in reading anymore book spoilers, 25 hard returns beforehand or not. I'd suggest a separate thread for that.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Seconded.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

It's like the Walking Dead thread all over again!

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If we're taking suggestions, I'll throw in "spoilerphobes stop watching shows based on already-published material." But that's just one man's vote.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I'm with you.

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Or at a minimum, stop reading threads based on already-published material if you're afraid of being exposed to said material.

11. Steak Snabler

This thread is about the TV show. I don't care about the books.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I must have worked with some of you people. Gotta love the guy who gets pissed when people discuss a sporting event and says, "FUCK! I RECORDED THAT GAME AND WAS GONNA WATCH IT WHEN I GOT HOME! THANKS FOR SPOILING IT!!!"

You're welcome. Stop whining.

Draft saved Draft deleted