1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones Season 3 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Gee, have you watched "The Walking Dead"?
    [/quote]

No, I've tried twice to watch the first episode, and I have fallen asleep both times.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This Lannister is having trouble paying her debts:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/04/queen-cersei-lena-headey-broke-divorce-bank-account/

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Maybe Bronn can help her out with money from his previous career:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/game-of-thrones-badass-bronn-used-to-be-a-cuddly-b,96084/

4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Is this show really that unpopular that we don't have a week 2 post yet? Among this gaggle of nerds?

Strong episode this week, I thought - I've read the books, and the anticipation for things to come is killing me.

Still - there was some material that strayed a bit too much from the source. The speech Cat Stark gives to Rob's wife - the premise behind that isn't from the book, right?

5. Steak Snabler

The guy playing Jojen Reed also played Liam Neeson's stepson in Love Actually.

Loved having Arya back.

Bran/Rickon/etc. I can generally do without, but it was good to see that others share his Westeros equivalent of "The Shining."

And that Maergery is pretty sharp, appealing to Joffrey's sadistic side the way she did.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

SPOILERS AHOY, NON-READERS

I don't believe that Cat mentioned those feelings regarding Jon in the books. Hell, for that matter, Robb's wife didn't exist in the books, either.

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

MORE SPOILER-TYPE STUFF BELOW, NON-READERS!

Rob's wife is in the book, just not as explicitly as she has been in the show.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

So far, been kind of dull.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Thought it was a pretty good episode again.

Did they switch actors between Season 2 and 3 for the runaway Stark Brothers? If not, they both went through a hell of a growth spurt it seems.

10. Steak Snabler

Definitely the same kids ... but yeah, they've grown, as has Arya.

11. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Not under that name. And fuck that as a spoiler. It spoils nothing.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Thanks, when I first saw them again last night I was like, holy growth spurt at first and then wondering if they were the same kids.

Draft saved Draft deleted