1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones Season 3 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, not a whole lot new and exciting happening here, as it was mostly "catching up with everyone."

Ciarin Hinds looks like a great addition as Mance Raider. And Baby Dragon Fishing/Grilling was pretty cool.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I definitely was expecting a "bigger" season premiere, so it was quite a letdown. As Steak said, it really just seemed like catching up with everyone.

That said, I'm still pumped for the new season.

As for Sam, I assumed the White Walkers all just walked past him as he cowered behind the rock.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The storyline has a massive gameboard and dozens of pieces. I guess sometimes they just have to be shuffled around.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Agree with the Meh.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Agreed and, in theory, I don't have problem with this episode. It's just lackluster as a season premiere.

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I liked it well enough because it means a new season is here. I totally agree, and always have, with the way too many characters/story lines comments. They didn't even brush on all of them in the season opener. We didn't see anything of either of the younger Stark kids, which is fine. I could do without them.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

They let him run free, just like the other guy that saw someone get murdered at the very beginning of the pilot.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Yeah, but then one tried to kill him at the beginning.

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I was doing some reading on this last night: in Martin's books, there are 31 point of view characters and more than 1,000 named characters. No wonder it's a mess.

10. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Yeah, way more characters in the books....granted, not much happened, but so nice to be back in that world.

11. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Definitely enjoyed being back in the Game of Thrones realm. I was a late arrival to the party, coming in during Season 2, but I'm caught up and loving it.

Agree with the too many characters gripe. I'm having a hard time keeping up with who's who, but they do a pretty good job of reminding you through dialogue.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I enjoy the show, but it's not as good as 'The Americans.'

I don't have a problem with the number of characters. I've never had a problem keeping track.

'Game of Thrones' main problem is too many episodes in which nothing really happens. It's not a book. It's a TV show. I want something interesting every week. I don't want episodes that just set up future episodes.

Draft saved Draft deleted