1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones Season 2 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Apr 1, 2012.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

You can't offer to pony up the 18 bucks or whatever it is yourself?

2. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

I'm in the exact opposite spot. I would not have HBO at all, but my landlord pays for it.

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Can we PLEASE for the love of whatever god you might pray to, NOT even mention any possible spoilers in this thread for those of us who haven't read the books.

It's not fucking cool. AT ALL

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think Evil was making that stuff up, or maybe he wasn't. He seems to be referring to an Onion AV Club article, but I've always figured the AV Club was — unlike the rest of The Onion — non-satirical.

I have no idea. I wish a moderator would delete that stuff, just to be safe.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I'm pretty sure it's made up stuff. Take a look at some of it and it's stuff that has happened in other movies/books. Trees tearing down buildings is right out of the Lord of the Rings.

6. It's a credit to George RR Martin that made-up stuff - no matter how outlandish - can be taken seriously as possible spoilers.

BTW - that last "spoiler" was basically Hamlet. If you didn't get that one then maybe you should stop watching TV and grab a book.

Winter is Coming.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Also based on Hamlet:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. A very under-rated movie

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Based on Hamlet

[​IMG]

10. Also based on Hamlet

[​IMG]

11. NDub

NDub Guest

I'm sure you've all heard it by now, but the GoT intro rock remix is really cool and I find myself humming the tune in my head.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

If it was made up, I humbly apologize.

I read/react much too fast sometimes.

However, might I suggest a different thread for the books, or take it to the book thread, for any talk of the novels. We did something similar on the Walking Dead thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted