1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones Season 2 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think it's really unfair to try to compare Game of Thrones to either of those shows, considering that Game of Thrones is a book adaptation and the writers don't have a lot of leeway to stray from what Martin already has out there.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I don't compare GoT to broadcast network shows, but in terms of HBO shows, it's the best show that's currently on their air (just ahead of Boardwalk Empire), but still a notch below the holy trinity of Deadwood-The Sopranos-The Wire.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Got the books as a Christmas gift and demolished the first two.

Then I didn't want to spoil myself, so held off on the rest until the second season is over.

Well, I'll be damned. Was reading the AV Club earlier, and they had an article that pretty much blew my whole no spoilers idea. Unless they were joking but I don't think so.

I feel cheated.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

While I agree with Cosmo that it's tough to really compare them for a few different reasons, I also agree with you that Game of Thrones isn't on that top tier.

Just watched last night and there are so many different ways they could go with all of the pieces that are in play. My favorite characters are Tyrion and Arya so I hope they get some more screen time as the season goes on. Tyrion is the Omar of the show. He's the rogue who gets the best lines and both exposes people and holds them accountable in his own way.

Waiting each week is going to be tough as I did the whole first season in about three days.

5. Holy crap - did they reveal that the Dire Wolves are really the reincarnated spirits of the former Stark kings? That's awful.

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

?

8. Its revealed in Book 4 right after the Weirwood trees from the Godswoods awake and march on Kings landing where they rip down the city walls brick by brick.

9. NDub

NDub Guest

You're really living up to your screen name right now.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

C'mon dude, that's not cool.

11. For people with learning disabilities - those were not spoilers just figments of my imagination.

Though I will say that in book 5 Bran (after he regained ability to walk) is visited by the Ghost of his father and is asked to avenge him. Bran is conflicted because he has mother issues and his mother has now married to Tyrwin Lannister. A traveling group of minstrels help him confront his mother and father in-law. It ends badly.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

All I know right now is that it sucks having my utilities included in my rent ... my landlord won't spring for HBO.

Draft saved Draft deleted