1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones Season 2 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Welcome to the party, pal! </diehard>

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I just finished reading Storm of Swords, which I'm assuming will make up most of Season 3. Has anybody here read the fourth book, A Feast for Crows? I've mostly heard lousy things about it, which makes me wary of getting started on it.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I enjoyed that so much. The Jeoffry/Tyrion slap synching up with the Friends clapping was goddamn genius.

4. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I've read all five, and just started re-reading AFfC. Lots of people don't care for it, but I don't mind it at all. I've really enjoyed re-reading the whole series, actually, and find more interesting things all the time.

5. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Crows is fucking awful.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Likewise. What a show.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. outofplace

That is a lot of reading for "I don't mind it." I'm thinking I'll come back to it after I watch Season 3.

By the way, I really liked Storm of Swords. Once again reinforces just how creatively messed up Martin's mind is. Can't wait to see some of this stuff on the show.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I hadn't watched the last 5 episodes because Mrs. W wasn't sure she wanted to devote the time and effort. Finally watched them this week. I think there is just too much going. Apparently keeping faithful to the books (I haven't read them) means that we are just too stretched out over too many subplots. When you add the dragons and the crazy magic people, it's hard to get any real sense of what was going on for much of the last season.

I'll be in for season 3, but it has slipped down the priority list.

9. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

After enjoying storm of swords, books four and five just make you think the whole time "why can't this just be awesome like storm of swords? Why can't something actually happen? How do you go from awesome to mediocre this fast?"

10. outofplace

That assessment fits in with everything else I have heard. I have decided to pass on those books for now. Storm of Swords really does have some great moments in it.

Draft saved Draft deleted