1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones Season 2 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Apr 1, 2012.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That would be the nice, tidy way to end things. I just don't think we will see much of nice and tidy in Game of Thrones.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

No, don't kill off the queen. She's too smokin. Kill Joffrey, then make the queen the red priestess' sex slave!

3. NDub

NDub Guest

Thanks for those explanations, Double Down. I, too, was a bit confused. I thought they were killing all of the young boys because they were trying to weed out Arya as the Stark children are going to be trade bait for Brother/Queen-Fucking Lannister.

I do forget names and places, especially since I haven't watched season one in quite some time, and that's always been my main gripe with the show. And it's not like these are conventional character names and locations, so that makes it all the more difficult. But, yeah, I thought this episode really sets up the season. I enjoyed it.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I love Cersi and Jeoffry as characters. I don't want either of them dead anytime soon.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Joffrey is someone who is very easy to hate. Any good show needs an antagonist like him around.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

You've got to hand it to the kid for doing a kick-ass acting job. He's really loathsome.

One thing I'm not totally clear on, and someone who has read the books might be able to tell me, but who is older between Arya and Bran? I'm wondering because I figure Robb Stark's about to go down hard — he's getting pretty arrogant about his military might pretty fast — and with Sansa tied to King Joeffrey it might be Arya running things in Winterfell before too much longer.

7. Arya is older than Bran but in Westeros only male heirs inherit

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Good NYT Mag piece on Peter Dinklage, and how he struggled for years to find regular work as an actor, in part because all people wanted him to play was "the leprechaun in commercials."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/01/magazine/peter-dinklage-was-smart-to-say-no.html?_r=3&pagewanted=all

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've never seen the show, but we got free HBO over the weekend and they ran a marathon of the first season. I DVRd all of it.

I've read the reviews, and it sounds awesome, but I'm a little curious as to whether I'll like it.

Is it as good as they say?

10. NDub

NDub Guest

I enjoy it Mizzougrad96. I think it's very good, but not great. I don't think it's quite at the level of, say, Mad Men or Breaking Bad. It's in that upper second tier, though.

11. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

This show is amazing, Mizzou. I watched the whole first season On Demand, and it took me three days. I watched for hours on end.

I'm excited about the Stark's lead South. They seem to have the will to overtake King's Landing, but will they have the strength?

I love the little dude. He's friggin' awesome.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm still way behind on Mad Men. I like it, but I tend to think it's a tad overrated, and by that I mean, not in the same class as Breaking Bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted