1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Shadows: The Movie (thank you, HBO!)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Look harder.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

My first thought for the latter-day Bonds was MCD, too, until I tried to reconcile Duncan's deep baritone voice with Bonds' tenorish squawk box. They'd have to get Michael Jackson to do voice overs.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I guess you think Neil Sheehan should have reported Daniel Ellsburg to J. Edgar Hoover?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I missed an Aurelio Lopezjack?

5. Nah, you're clearly backtracking on what you meant as a serious comment and retroactively claiming humor.

6. Nah, you're clearly being deliberately obtuse.
    No point in going on.
    And 'yab, if you think there's any relevant parallel there, there's not much I can say.

7. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

8. heyabbott

The relevant parallel is that someone leaked secret government property, on the one hand you like it, on the other you don't.

9. God forgive me for agreeing with this poster, but yeah, that's essentially it.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Is JDV going to get an invite to appear in the film?

11. heyabbott

Sorry, I know how it must have hurt.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the rules for investigative journalism are the same whether you work in Local, national, international, sports or the entertainment section of the paper.

12. Nobody's disagreeing with you.
    All's I know is that Sheehan had more serious material, and an angrier government, and he was far less of a show-pony than Mr. Williams has been, and he certainly was less self-important. That's what I was spoofing. If I did it badly, I apologize.

Draft saved Draft deleted