1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game Coverage PSA

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Cadet, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

As I'm packing up for the first baseball game tomorrow, I want to put out the reminder to wear sunscreen when covering games.

Even if it's below freezing and/or cloudy; wear it if you're going to be outside or exposed through a press box window.

Face, ears, neck, even the back of your hands.

If it's a doubleheader, reapply.

If you don't like the goopy coconut stuff on your face, I recommend <a href="http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=150735&catid=84771&trx=GFI-0-EVGR-11695&trxp1=84771&trxp2=150735&trxp3=1&trxp4=1&btrx=BUY-GFI-0-EVGR-11695">Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock.</a>

Also, sunscreen can chemically deteriorate, so toss your old bottle if it's discolored, smells funny or has oil separation.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You are such a girl. :D

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Hey, this may be the closest I get to being someone's mom! :)

4. Listen to Cadet, newbie writers, she knows of what she speaks.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I thought everyone just wrote about the game from what they watched on TV?

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Men, especially, should make sure they don't forget the ears. That area is seeing the largest rise for cancer diagnoses among males.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Sunshine? What is this thing sunshine you speak of? I've heard of it, but haven't seen it.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I concur. I have sun damage on my nose from NFL training camp. It's not cancer (basically a spidering of the blood vessels) but will be if I let it get worse.

9. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Spidering of blood vessels on the nose? Dude, that's not sun, that's scotch or whiskey.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Unless you find yourself in the same room with Tom Brady for more than 10 minutes. :eek: :eek: ::) ::) :D

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

It's sun when you get sunburn on your face at least once a year for 10 years. I don't drink scotch, whiskey or much of anything else.

12. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

That's what Walter Matthau said.

Draft saved Draft deleted