1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

MLS. Toronto-Vancouver.
    WH has O3 -105
    DK has U3 +128

Enjoy.

2. exmediahack

What I'm seeing in the NBA bubble so far on the playoffs.

Losing teams are quitting. Early. So far, we've had very few really good playoff games. I've been surprised with the teams that come out cold early from 3 and decided to just pack it in. Seeing it constantly.

Any in-game players here... don't be too afraid of the heavy ML wagers but shop around. Utah-Denver Game 3 just now. At halftime, Book A with Utah -600 ML but Books B, C, and D all had the Nuggets at least +900. A tidy profit.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Did you happen to see the lines on Dustin Johnson shooting 59 (or lower) after he got out to 11-under through 11? Needed one birdie in the last seven -- and made pars all the way in for a 60.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I haven't seen live lines for an exact score before, but the books would have cleaned up for sure 'cause no one would have thought he'd shoot anything in the 60s after the 11th hole. Unreal.

exmediahack and MileHigh like this.
  5. exmediahack

MLS is back in home stadiums (not the Orlando bubble). A slew of unders in the new and quiet environments.

6. exmediahack

Sunday night. Just me, girlfriend and the Laz-E-Boy.

I have a substantial chunk on U3 MLS Portland-Seattle. My Jazz money line is going to come into port.

0-0 in the soccer game. 68 minutes in.

“turn it off. You’ve won.”

Laz-E-Boy time. I can hedge O2.5 for +1250. Nah, I figure. Get your needs satisfied.

An hour later, I go back to count my winnings.

Seattle 3, Portland 1. LOSER.

A Brando-like performance to not appear pissed.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Damn that's awful. At least you were distracted.

8. exmediahack

The “experience” is even better knowing that you had a profitable day. And then to discover...

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Hit my Celtics and Raptors under 4.5 and under 5.5 bets. Took multiple hits on the the Champions League final — the over, tie and a little on 0-0.

Time to dive back into French soccer

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

As the saying goes, pussy is still 75,000,000,000 and 0 all-time ATS.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

So you're saying you pay for sex?

12. exmediahack

I had Bayern and the under for Sunday that was worked. I thought it would be 2-0 or 2-1 but not 1-0. Still shipped.

French soccer got really weird on Sunday morning. A bunch of overs. Very similar to the Bundesliga's restart and not the EPL's restart. Ligue 1 is, typically, lower scoring but these were slugfests.

WHOA. Just going back now and seeing that the Portland goal in extra time to make it 3-1 was disallowed... 3-0 the final. A push. Whew. My "Flash Score" had the final at 3-1, Seattle. Not to much in shambles now.

Draft saved Draft deleted