1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Going to be tight. He’s T-71 now with his round over.

exmediahack likes this.
  2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Currently T71. Need six more guys at +2 to drop to +3 to save the vaunted $112.50 payout.

3. exmediahack

Lot of guys still out there. Not over yet.

My own damn fault. I never checked his tee time, assuming that he would not poop himself today. Otherwise I would have just bet against him vs Rory today as a hedge.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I generally hate rooting for people to fail. But I will make an exception for 6 players today.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I bet both sides for $50, so it's either $12.50 or $62.50 profit. His odds to miss the cut went from +225 to +185 late, I think that had to be from hedgers. Public money would never flood in on Tiger to miss a cut.

exmediahack likes this.
  6. exmediahack

I won’t overtly bet both sides of a wager at the same shop as I’m concerned that an express lane to get booted. I simply didn’t check the tee time. Then I look for when he’s teeing off and I can’t find him on the board. I keep looking. Then I see he’s 5 over and 91st. Pure horror.

7. exmediahack

T68. We’re getting there slowly.

If nothing else, this gives me something to keep an eye on during a light Friday soccer card.

WH has a $25 soccer bonus each week if you win five $10 spread bets. I hit 5 of 7 yesterday (laying the other side off at other books). Between that and DK’s promos (that MMA one was a guarantee $60 profit with the hedge), its great. Their straddle is way too big but they offer so many side bets for soccer that I can get myself out of trouble.

Last night, I had O2.5 for Columbus-NY in MLS. That didn’t cash but, upon the first goal, I hit U3.25 on Asian total, added 1-0, 1-1 and 2-0 correct score bets at halftime. Finished 2-0. The original bet didn’t cash but 2-0 and U3.25 did, all at healthy plus money. Up 3 units.

of course then I overslept on tiger’s tee time. Idiot.

However, when I’m disciplined and a pig and not a hog, I’m doing really well. Up almost $850 the last five weeks.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  8. playthrough

If DK was to boot me for this, then they just haven't been paying attention to my dry spell lately ...

exmediahack likes this.
  9. exmediahack

Billy Hill won’t let you play both sides for a bonus. Also, it won’t let you add a duplicate bet at the same odds. The odds have to change first before it’s allowed.

10. exmediahack

We're going to make the cut here, right? Now at T66. What a sweat this turned out to be. I assumed, at +5 on 15, we were long gone.

11. playthrough

Even if you're betting pizza money? Jeez, what a sweatshop.

12. exmediahack

Even if. So when I'm playing off lines against books, I place the bet first with WH. It's not a great interface, unlike DK and two of the local books.

Draft saved Draft deleted