1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

In my state, DK is the most friendly of the apps for boosts and promos. I'll find some better lines on FanDuel but they don't do much as far as extras. This weekend, DK is offering two 50 pct odds boosts on the UFC card.

Webster likes this.
  2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

We are "looking live" at the DK debut tonight. MLS. $500 on NE Revolution +130 to win. At another place, Montreal -130 at $650 to win/draw. NO juice. And, with that, I get a "free bet" for $500. We'll see which side wins tonight and how I'll proceed for tomorrow. (I really want the Montreal side for my bookkeeping purposes).

MileHigh and Webster like this.
  3. exmediahack

Almost, Montreal, almost.

Now I'm wildly imbalanced but, with a guaranteed profit of $296 tomorrow on the Alaves/Madrid total of 3.5, I'll manage.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Colorado launched legal sports gambling on May 1. Middle of a pandemic. First month: $25.6 million.

5. playthrough

Just can't beat the quick fix of table tennis. Which can have a couple different meanings.

In the "free money" department this week, DK is boosting odds on Tiger to make the cut from -325 to +125. The odds on him missing the cut are +225.

6. exmediahack

Yup, I'm on it.

There's a local book offering a 50% free bet on a 3-team parlay (up to $200 for the parlay). $200 at +591 to win $1182.

Hit the first two legs easily (under on two English Championship games... both games went scoreless) and now need to hit U2.5 on Philadelphia-Miami MLS. I will hedge the other way but it's a lot of juice on O2.5 (-143) to start. MLS games tend to be very low scoring in the first 30 minutes so I'll be pacing the first 15-20 minutes and, once the O2.5 drops to +120 or more, I'll hit it heavy. That -143 pregame eats up a lot of profit.

What is nice about DK is that it has all sorts of bets and you can, for the most part, get yourself out of early trouble for a smaller price.

7. exmediahack

That got ugly.

Philly scores in 5th minute and that throws off the live totals all night.

DK did save me beforehand with the props. Instead of hedging O2.5 -145, I placed bets on a goal in the first 15 minutes (+200) and O1.5 first half (+180). Both hit. It’s 1-1 at half. O2.5 is now -275. Instead; I put 7-2 on final score of 2-1 Philly and 9-2 on 2-1 Miami. One of those hit. Then I got jittery and placed way too much on O3.5 love and that didn’t hit.

Won $37 instead of the $200 I had as a goal. Good lessons learned on what to play.

I did get two $100 free bets so I’ll turn those into $150-250 today.

Normally, I avoid the props but DK’s correct score props can save a lot of bad plays.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Banged the Tiger boost on DK to the max. And bet Man United today to win either 2-0 or 3-0 so life is good.

MileHigh and exmediahack like this.
  9. exmediahack

Barring a complete collapse in the second round, Ill take that $62.50 profit and sock it away.

I am, generally, an under player on soccer. However, if you play the over on another site and, by halftime, if it doesn’t look like it’s going to hit, you can go to DK and load up on the “correct score” bets.

Let’s say you take an O2.5. $50 at -110. But also take the 0-0 for $7.50 at, say, +1000.

Once a goal does get scored, you lose the 7.50 but this opens the doors for the correct score of 1-0, 1-1 and 2-0, usually at +400-500 each at halftime.

10. playthrough

That's some very sharp stuff. I am just rarely able to pay attention that closely in real time.

Back to the sites discussion, the customer service for DK and FanDuel has been incredible for me so far. Every dispute has been settled quickly and usually with some free bets for the effort, even when it was my mistake. Just the kind of stuff you'd never get at the counter in Vegas.

exmediahack likes this.
  11. exmediahack

DK just made millions off Tiger Woods falling apart. Holy F. We all lost $50.

Webster likes this.
  12. exmediahack

In two hours. EPL. Watford-West Ham.

Put some green backs on a draw at +190, a little on 0-0 at +750 and under 2.5.

A tie keeps both from out of danger of relegation. If it’s tied after 60 minutes, they’ll just kick the ball around.

Draft saved Draft deleted